Tuesday, October 27, 2009

From Failure to Blessings

Again and again.. I’ve sworn that I was going to take a weekend away and think things through. Except that by the time I got away and actually got going on the weekend, all I wanted to do was rest and recover. Such as by looking at the ocean to relax, see the horizon, and listen to the rhythm of the waves to remove the stress from my soul or staring at the ocean doesn’t work for me. A quiet weekend doesn’t work for me…hehehee.. Quiet weekends are for sleep, recovery, and not thinking about anything.. but then last weekend (to be specific on Friday till Sunday) I’ve joined the Live By Word Retreat organized by Bible Apostolic of Sacred Heart. And the speaker is Bishop Cornelius Shim (Brunei). I’ve touched on the segment of ‘Turn Your Failure into Blessing’ and ‘You’ve Taken and Chosen to be.. Take it and Turn it’. Overall I love all the encouraging words, life and faith experiences of the Bishop. He have chosen and take it.. from Engineer of Shell company which going around the worlds with big $$$$ income to the humble man… can I do that? Emm… I cant answered it..hehee
When we make the decision to change, we often do it because we are sick and tired of the life that we have been living. That choice is usually based on an earnest desire to do things differently, however, under our own strength; it doesn't always work out that way.

Recovery is an important part of the process of overcoming addiction or habit. Recovery is for all of us who are tired of anything that may be destroying lives. It is for all of us who want to stop living in grief, fear, anxiety, guilt and shame. It is for all of us who want to separate ourselves from the issues of the past.

God is in the change business. He has the ability to make all things work together for the good of those that place their faith in Him. God promises us that He can and will heal us through His Holy Spirit. God Bless…

19 comments:

  1. Rest is to walk a longer distance. I like to spend my weekends with movies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for this post,it truly reminds me that i really need sometime of my very own,no wife and no children,seriously just myself to unwind and to think,,

    thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. inspiring words and thought. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi CalVB,

    Yes, many people choose to recover by going to beaches, sleep during weekends or be alone at home. But, the real recovery is actually by spending time with God. Many of us choose to recover physically, but the best choice should be spiritual recovery as it is long lasting.

    My work involves a lot of stressful situations. That is why, I rest in the Lord every morning, in the office, by reading my Daily Bread book and a holy Bible, which both are kept nicely in my drawer. God's words has been the source of my strength.

    That, I believe, is a daily recovery.

    p/s : I am happy that you give your time to attend talk / course. Like me, if i have to choose between attending a church seminar or taking a paid photograph session, I would choose to attend the seminar and reject the other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea I agree w/ U Calvb. we often make decision to change because we are tired of the life we live.. an often an excuses for escapade.. But bear in mind if the changes suites yr mind and soul then go on.. Why must makes ourselves complicated!

    p/s- agree w/ willie's commment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "When we make the decision to change, we often do it because we are sick and tired of the life that we have been living."

    very true. some wanted a change desperately but they never have the courage to change, sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi C.Alv. B, hey...go take up fishing. Its fun, besides you'll enjoy the solitude of the sea or river or lake. Just you and nature.
    I go fishing, not really to cacth fish, but just lying down on the grass look at the clouds passing by, and very often wonder whether there's intelligent life beyond our Solar System.

    Or...take up dancing, *wink*. Never know who you'll meet at dance studios.
    Couple of our lady friends took my advice and joined a dance studio...and both now going on dates.
    Have a nice day, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you tried resting on a hammock? I have one portable one, brought from Cambodia..it was so relaxing...
    tryla invest satu....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi C.Alv. B, drive your BMW over to my place. Have something for you. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. change? we all need to change at some point kan? we all oso need time on our own, i sometimes jes like to go bookstores & wish i cud jes sit there for hours to relax among books... i wish...

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi CalVb,

    There are time when we need to change the way we live. Yes, recovery is indeed very important. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you wont be tagged by a so called stranger who happens to be your old classmate again... Cheers.. nice weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete